COVID-19 Health & Safety Protocol at Zest
While hygiene is always top of our list of priorities at any given time we have implemented the following procedures in our work space:
- Mandatory hand washing and sanitising by ALL staff on a half hourly basis.
- Mandatory hand washing and sanitising by all suppliers before they enter our premises.
- The use of sterile gloves while working
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces in the kitchen
- No sick employees allowed into our kitchens
- We are promoting a no handshake policy with our staff and encouraging team members to keep a safe distance from one another and clients.
As this is a very serious, global issue, we want to take this opportunity to assure everyone that we are taking every measure available to us to ensure we are protecting our Made@Home family as best we can.
Here’s What the Experts are Saying in Our Field
Transmission through food is unlikely and there is no evidence of this occurring with COVID-19 to date, however investigations into how the virus spreads are continuing.
The European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) has released a statement noting there is currently no evidence that food is a likely source or route of transmission of the virus. Read the statement
General food safety advice
Everyone should practice good hygiene when preparing and handling food.
The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued precautionary recommendations including advice on good hygiene practices during food handling and preparation, they include:
- Washing hands between handling raw and cooked foods
- Thorough cooking and proper handling of meat products
- Covering your mouth and nose when coughing and sneezing
- Avoiding close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness, such as coughing and sneezing